KLM User Generated Content terms and conditions
When you’re reading this, we probably asked you for permission to use your social media post. And that’s for a reason. It seems you like to share memorable moments, just as we do. Therefore, we'd like to ask you the following: can we use your content? Before you answer, read the information below carefully.
By responding to our request with #yesKLM or by filling out the KLM UGC form, you agree to the following conditions:
- You grant KLM N.V. (also known as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines), a public company having its registered office and principal place of business at Amsterdamseweg 55 in (1182 GP) Amstelveen, The Netherlands, registered in the Trade Register of the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce and Industry under number 33014286 and to be referred to hereinafter as “KLM”, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use your photo, visual or moving image (referred to as ‘’User Content’’) that you posted on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or YouTube and other social media. After your approval, we can use your User Content for marketing and advertising purposes.
- What does that mean? Well, we can display and use your User Content to advertise and promote the KLM brand on all of our touchpoints. Think of KLM.com, newsletters, catalogues, e-mail and social media.
- You’re okay with it when your User Content is used by KLM, reproduced, distributed and combined with other materials, including tweaks and edits.
This license is perpetual, meaning that it has no end date. If you change your mind and don’t want us to use your User Content in the future, just let us know via email@example.com .
No worries: you still own your photo or video. What changes, is that you give KLM permission to use and reproduce your User Content.
You confirm and agree that:
- You own all rights to your User Content and you have permission from any person appearing in your User Content to grant the rights therein.
- All person(s) appearing in your User Content are above 18 years old.
- Your User Content will not violate any intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party. KLM has the right to disclose your username to any third party that claims that your User Content infringes their rights.
- KLM does not endorse and has no control over what users post on their social media accounts. Therefore, KLM distances itself from all other content posted on the account where User Content is requested from, and above all from content that is in any way explicit, offensive, insensitive, upsetting or might insult others. KLM is not responsible for written expressions, actions or other implications, performed by the owner of the account.
Please note: we may remove User Content from the website for any reason, without notifying you.
One more thing…
- You will not hold KLM, or any person acting on KLM’s behalf, responsible for any claims or demands in connection with the use of your User Content.
- Your User Content will be seen all over the world. Sometimes we’ll show your username, so get ready to see your follower count grow!
- We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions without notifying you.
Sounds like a plan right? If you'd like to team up with us, just respond #yesKLM to our comment or fill out the KLM-UGC form. After that, it’s time to prepare for the exciting part: seeing your content featured on one of our worldwide channels! Thursday 25 June 2020